This will be a continuously evolving section that will hopefully be a good resource for finding suitable observing sites. If you are planning an observing session and want to invite others, please link to directions here rather than duplicating them in discussions. Above all, if you know of a good site that isn’t represented here, create a discussion on the BigTent site so we can discuss and get detailed directions. Pictures are very helpful!
- Near Fairfield, UT
- Roughly 22 Miles from exit 278
- No dirt road
- At the edge of the west desert, west of Camp Floyd
- 31.5 miles from exit 278
- About 5 miles of dirt road
- Also on the edge of the west desert, northwest of the Pit ‘n Pole
- 55 Miles from exit 278
- No dirt
- 13 miles from exit 272
- Timpanogos Cave star parties
- 14 miles east of exit 284
There are a number of places on the internet where you can find dark sky sites. The club cannot vouch for many of these sites. Treat this information accordingly.